I’m very chuffed to announce that my blog’s been nominated for a leibster award. Thank you so much SS Readers Corner for the nomination!
So about the award… The Leibster award is given by bloggers to bloggers. The main aim is to help readers discover new blogs and welcome them to the blogger community.
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions set by your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers (you can’t nominate the person who nominated you)
- Set 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let your nominees know you’ve nominated them.
Eleven facts about myself
- I hate all types of bean
- I’m horribly scared of falling down an escalator
- I love mint tea
- I think of stories constantly
- Big fan of Strictly Come Dancing (I would simultaneously love and hate to be a contestant)
- I enjoy trivia and useless facts
- I had an embarrassing (true) story printed in Miranda Hart’s companion book, ‘No It’s Us Too’ … but I didn’t get an ebook until after they stopped selling the companion book, so I’ve never seen it.
- I have an uncle called Neale Diamond (he’s not the singer Neil Diamond but we’ve all had fun with it over the years).
- I love musicals and listen to the soundtracks way too much
- I’m completely teetotal
- If I was really rich I’d buy a driver instead of an expensive car. I hate to drive.
Eleven questions set by SS Readers Corner
1. What is your favourite book?
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – it holds a special place in my heart.
2. If you have a bookshelf or bookshelves, how do you arrange your books?
I have a small book case with three shelves. On the top shelf I have my light reading (arranged by author), on the middle shelf I have my uni lit books (ordered into Penguin Classics and Oxford World Classics) and on my bottom shelf I have textbooks and classics that don’t fit into the above two categories.
3. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Connecting with people with similar interests that are on opposite sides of the world. It’s really multicultural and I find that fascinating.
4. If you could have lunch with any fictional character, who would you choose?
Tyrion Lannister. He’d be a riot.
5. E-books or paperback/hardcover?
Real books, I love having hardcovers on my shelf.
6. What book are you currently reading?
I’m about to begin the Seventh Shopaholic Book.
7. Do you have any book suggestion(s) for a book club? If yes, please share.
For some fun reading I’d always say ‘The Rosie Project’, the sequel’s out now too. Or ‘One Day’ I think everyone should read that book.
8. Coffee or tea?
Tea. Always Tea.
9. What is your favourite travel destination?
I’ve never actually been there but I would love to go to Peru. That’s my dream.
10. If someone wants to get you a gift, what would you pick?
Currently there’s a skirt in River Island I’d quite like …
11. If you could meet an author, who would it be?
J.K. Rowling. I don’t think she gets enough credit for what an amazing bloody writer she is.
1. What is your favourite place to read?
2. What is the worst book you’ve ever read?
3. What three things would you take to a deserted island?
4. Would you rather take the photo or be in it?
5. Do you prefer a starter or desert?
6. Can you do a handstand?
7. Would you ever want to go into space?
8. Would you prefer a beach holiday or one in the countryside?
9. What is your favourite colour?
10. What magical power would you most like?
11. Are you a meat eater or veggie?
Now I would like to nominate these brill bloggers for a Liebster award:
Looking forward to reading your posts!